When you invest in skilled people, you’re investing in the future of your business.
Apprenticeships are an effective way to introduce knowledge, passion and ambition into your workforce, helping you respond to the evolving needs of your business and industry.
Taking on an apprentice has never been easier. With streamlined registration and management processes, we’re working with you to make it easier for your business to support and leverage skilled staff and resources.
We’re here to help you do business better. We connect businesses to the people and skills they need. We can help you thrive now and in the future – call Skills SA on 1800 673 097 for services and advice tailored to your business.
What is a skilled worker?
Skilled workers have undertaken training in a specialist area to develop specific skills, have on-the-job experience, theoretical knowledge, and a recognised qualification.
Subsidised training in the form of apprenticeships and traineeships, is available through the South Australian Government to help you grow your business with the right people, who have the skills you need.
Apprenticeships and traineeships provide the opportunity to train new or existing staff, foster learning in your workplace and keep valuable skills in your business to help you run and grow.
It’s not just about trades anymore. With tailored training being delivered across almost every industry, you might be surprised at the apprenticeships that could help you build your workforce and your business, with confidence.
Why should you take on a skilled worker?
- Develop new skills and harness new perspectives. Apprentices not only bring up-to-date knowledge and skills into your business, but they also inject new ideas and energy, helping your business build momentum and get ahead.
- Guide, shape and mentor staff aligned to your business needs. Apprenticeships are built on a foundation of training ‘on-the-job’. This presents a valuable opportunity to train staff with purpose: developing skills and knowledge in line with your business needs.
- Upskill your business. Stay competitive and increase business sustainability by recruiting skilled people or upskilling current employees. Apprenticeships are an effective way to re-energise and reskill your workforce and extend your business offering.
- Build your business with confidence. South Australia’s extensive training network and diverse employment options means you can recruit an apprentice with confidence. With streamlined management processes, probationary periods and employer incentives, there are apprentice pathways to suit businesses of all sizes.
- Build your competitive advantage. Build your business and boost its competitiveness by ensuring your employees have the latest skills and knowledge.
- Keep up with latest industry and technology changes. Your business will benefit with staff who are across your industry’s regulations and the latest technology.
- Retain good people and attract new talent. Investing in training shows that your business values its staff and their development so you’re more likely to retain current employees and attract new talent.
- Gain financial support to train your people. Apprenticeship related incentives and wage subsidies are available through the South Australian and Federal Government to help you grow your business with skilled workers.